Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Plethora of UUnet outages and instabilities
From: Kevin Smith <kevin () ascend com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:17:49 -0700

At 02:41 PM 7/1/97 -0500, Doug McIntyre wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Nathan Stratton wrote:
I am happy with [the GRF] we have 14 in our network right now. Yes they
have
some small problems, but Ascend GRF tech support is the best I have seen.
We have some new Cisco stuff on the way, and in a few weeks will know if
we are going to ditch GRF and with with Cisco. So far we are still 100%
cisco free, but that may change in a few weeks.

Maybe they should send some of those tech support people over to work
on the Ascend Max code. 9 weeks now of having a totally reproducable
routing loss bug into them, and they won't even bother returning email
or call-backs to me anymore. The previous code revisions made the
boxes reboot at random times. We picked the lesser of two evils..

GRF tech support is the *same* group of people as those you refer to here.

....I've asked someone to look into your reported troubles and get back to
you/me on why there has been no further contact.

Kevin

  By Date           By Thread