Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: contracts and damages, was: BOOM! there goes WorldCom
From: Karl Denninger <karl () Mcs Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:27:08 -0500

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () netrail net>
I know this, I have a copy of the DLRs. What I am saying is Worldcom
changed the DLRs without letting us know, and now they all run over this
fiber cut. We request a copy of the DLRs on ALL our links. We started
this long ago when we had a MCI and Worldcom DS1 die because they went
over the same fiber.

OK, sounds like you exercized due diligence.  What kind of contract
language specified multiple paths for those 3 circuits you paid for?

And how much liquidated damages for an outage did you specify?

Could you please let us all know how long it takes for WorldCom to pay up?

WSimpson () UMich edu
BSimpson () MorningStar com

Bingo.  That's the correct solution to this kind of problem (a re-route
under these circumstances, leading to an outage, should be *extremely*
expensive for the company which undertakes it).

--
--
Karl Denninger (karl () MCS Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
                             | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal

  By Date           By Thread