Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: BOOM! there goes WorldCom
From: George Herbert <gherbert () crl com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:25:52 -0700

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com> wrote:
Here in Manhattan, we don't get lines cut by digging, for obvious
reasons.

Don't take that to the bank.  On the way to work one morning
while some fiber was being routed up Market street in San Francisco
to my at-the-time employers office, I chatted with the digging crew
and found that they'd just discovered our building's copper bundle
almost 2 feet out of position from what the map said and nearly
had backhoed a large portion of San Francisco's long distance
lines and network connectivity.

-george william herbert
gherbert () crl com

  By Date           By Thread