Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Good Timing for .COM Problems ?
From: Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 23:44:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, MFS wrote:

Maybe I am sorely out of touch, but was NSI actually granted ownership of
com? This may sound like a flippant comment, but I am completely serious. I
may be out of touch here.

I was under the impression that NSI's contract was up, and that root
services were going to move in April of 1998.

I suppose that this central point of failure has it's positives, it
could be good if the com and net information is corrupted, NSI could reload
proper info on their servers and that would be that. BUT, NSI could corrupt
the data and NOT reload for several hours, rendering the root operators
helpless.

Michael Stevenson
michael () dook org

  By Date           By Thread