Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Good Timing for .COM Problems ?
From: root () gannett com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:25:33 -0400 (EDT)

Then perhaps we should question why the "problems" are occuring at a
time when it would be to NSI's benefit (e.g. future IPO) to show that
the traditional volunteer method doesn't work.

Actually, I'd say that the obvious admission of failure would mean that
investors would be less likely to cough up cash.  Also, it obviously
raises a number of questions about NSI's exclusive control of the TLDs,
which would certainly make me think twice about pouring money into an IPO.

Paul