Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

FW: Another UUNET Explanation
From: jan.novak () aliatel cz (Jan Novak)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 09:26:06 +-200

We provided Internet access over FR also. You have to look on FR like level 2 transport for IP - you are doing IP
routing not above leased line but above FR. The customer do not take care, what he has inside, for provider it is great
profit - we had one Cisco 4700 for at least 30 customers on one serial port without problems. When the customers have
some more complicated. meshed netowork, it is profit even for them - the save money on ports and several leased lines
or expensive multiplexed E1/T1 interfaces.