Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: is there a market for this?
From: Brian Horvitz <horvitz () websecure net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:58:25 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure how fast the PCI bus is but, I don't think it'd be worth
while having it at 155M...never mind the 620M.

Brian

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

I have a friend who's in the high speed optoelectronics biz and
already does lots of OC-[N] equipment, and I mentioned to him that I
thought that there was probably a market for PCI cards that spoke IP
over OC-3/OC-12. Before I strongly encourage him to do this, I was
curious as to whether anyone else felt there was a real market for
such things.

Perry

  By Date           By Thread