mailing list archives
Terminating many T1's
From: Stephen Balbach <stephen () clark net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
I am investigating options for terminating many T1's with an objective
of high-density and easy scaleability. I am curious how others are
approaching this. Possible scenarios:
1. Cisco serial ports and rack CSU/DSU's. Exspensive. Lot of space.
2. MAX TNT for T1's connecting to a backbone Cisco. Theoretically up to 140
T1's in 1 small box with built-in CSU/DSU's. Unproven?
3. Cascade. Similair to TNT approach, very exspensive untill you reach
70+ T1's in a chassis.
4. Chanellized DS3. Don't know anything about it - can MFS provide circuits
this way via a DS3 handoff? No CSU/DSU required? Any other costs/issues?
Thanks for any ideas and experiences!
Re: Terminating many T1's David Mercer (Jul 23)
- Terminating many T1's Stephen Balbach (Jul 23)