Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Terminating many T1's
From: Tom Eastgard <eastgard () nwnet net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:50:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, David Mercer wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Stephen Balbach wrote:

4. Chanellized DS3. Don't know anything about it - can MFS provide circuits
   this way via a DS3 handoff? No CSU/DSU required? Any other costs/issues?
Channelized DS3 stuff only seems to be useful for putting mulitple
customers on a single physical circuit.  You need to be able to break it
out to the DS1 level for each customer.  Perhaps MFS, PacBell, etc can do
this?  It's probably just a matter of them defining that "product".
(I.E. Feed MFS a DS3 and they give a T1 to each of your customers.)

US West !nterprise sells such a service, only for frame relay connections.

Not quite true.  We have two CT3's on order from USWest (not !nterprize)
for plain-ol' T1 aggragation...this in the WA/OR area.

TE

  By Date           By Thread