Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Non-ISP companies multi-homing?
From: jprovo () ma ultranet com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

netops writes:

Does anyone know of any non-ISP companies that have decided to
multi-home? Is this a major trend for non-ISP companies running
mission-critical applications on the Internet?

Yes, several.  As far as I can see, yes.  The question I'd ask would
be why does it matter if an AS is "ISP" or "non-ISP"?  The domain of
clueful people is far and away NOT limited to the domain of ISP
networkers.  If an organization is sizeable enough and  knows what
it is doing, or can hire or rent someone who does, more power to them.

Cheers,
Joe

(affiliation for identification, not endorsement; disclaim, disclaim)

--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         800.763.8111 x3006
Network Operations Center                            Fax   508.229.2375

  By Date           By Thread