Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: genieweb.com answering for COM
From: Suzanne Woolf <woolf () ISI EDU>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 97 10:28:29 PDT

com.    304     SOA     genieweb.com. root.genieweb.com. (
                        11      ; serial
                        10800   ; refresh (3 hours)
                        3600    ; retry (1 hour)
                        604800  ; expire (7 days)

This was cached on one our name servers.  Sure enough, dig any com
@genieweb.com shows:

A customer of one of our downstreams seems to be responsible for this.

His site is off the net until his DNS can be fixed.

Operational question: is there anything you all would tell your
customers about something like this besides "read DNS AND BIND and
don't misplace the clue next time?"

Suzanne Woolf
Los Nettos

  By Date           By Thread