Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Non-ISP companies multi-homing?
From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-nanog () arctic org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 13:50:16 -0700 (PDT)

But there is a certain difficulty experienced by sites who are able to
keep a stable prefix, but their prefix is, say /21 instead of /19.  I'm
not saying it's the internic's problem, or that it's
sprint/agis/whomever's problem.  I'm just saying that it is a problem for
sites that want reliable, low latency connections to two or three
providers.

Oh yeah, and don't suggest the "ask one of your providers to give you a
hole" solution.  I've tried that.  From my experience the more "special"
requests you make the more likely your link is to be screwed up by human
error at some point.

Dean