Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Operational issue: Packet loss at Pacbell NAP
From: "Jason L. Weisberger" <jweis () softaware com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 11:22:12 -0800 (PST)

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:49:02 -0800
From: "Ellis, Stephen C (PTSS-scellis)" <SCELLIS () msg pacbell com>
We've identified the facts that occured in this particular situation.
The problem was definitely **not** due to link congestion as we have
stats on the utilization of the OC3s.  The rerouting which occured as a
result of this problem has been corrected.

We continue to monitor our OC3 links for any further problems.  If you
identify any additional issues, please feel free to submit a trouble
ticket with our Network Data Center at 1-800-870-9007.

Um, Steve? Can you share what the problem, after all the facts were
identified, was? And does the routing changes that were made having been
corrected imply the state of >10% packetloss will be recurring now?

jlw

--
Jason Weisberger
Chief of Network Operations

"You may be whatever you resolve to be."
-Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson

  By Date           By Thread