Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMURF amplifier block list
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk () bbnplanet com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:04:47 -0400 (EDT)

What bullshit. Am I hearing people advocating deliberately breaking
perfectly valid addresses in order to not have to tax our poor brains
for a proper solution?

Assuming that the loudest voices on NANOG represent concensus or majority
or any such thing is probably a really poor plan.

Many of the noisiest people on the list are the least knowledgeable.

I would imagine that most sane people on the list are ignoring this
particular discussion, given the unlikelyhood of it producing anything
useful.

I don't think there's any danger of any serious fraction of the Internet
filtering out .255-addresses.

--jhawk

  By Date           By Thread