Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN Services
From: Kim Hubbard <kimh () arin net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:37:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Stephen wrote:

The more correct solution would be for ARIN to move to a RIPE-ish whois
server.

Then again, why should ARIN use industry standard, public domain
software, when they can use NSI's proprietary system?

Probably because the database would need to be converted and the ARIN
staff have their hands full already with starting up a new organization
and a new network in new offices.

Actually we've recently begun the lengthy process of converting our db
and we're open to all options and suggestions especially those that
will enable us to coordinate more closely with all other registries.

Kim  Hubbard
ARIN

  By Date           By Thread