Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Denial of Service Attacks disguised as Spam...
From: NetSurfer <netsurf () sersol com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 17:21:20 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Eric Osborne wrote:

Are they criminals?  I don't know if I want to get into a debate about
"criminal" vs. "doing something nasty that's not been declared illegal".
Either way, I agree that there should be moved to curb this sort of repeated
contact, whether it's a deliberate attack or not.

What about representing yourself to be from another domain (e.g. AOL.COM)
so that the rejects/flames/etc. go to an innocent agent?  Isn't that a
form of fraud?

-
James D. Wilson
netsurf () sersol com