Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: San Francisco power outages imminent
From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:00:07 -0400

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 03:38:35PM -0700, Wayne Bouchard wrote:

Think of it as an acid test of everyone's backup systems. :-)

More than one has failed due to a bad battery, out of feul, failures
in the UPS whilst the generator kicks in.. and, of course, because
there was no generator or ups to begin with..

I'm not in SJ, but we recently had yet another power outage, and it was fun
watching the fear in the building's maintenance manager's eyes when he said
"well, you've got a full load of fuel" and our hardware manager replied
"do you know that, or are you guessing?"

Heh heh.

  By Date           By Thread