Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Laptops as servers?
From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja () darkwing uoregon edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, David Charlap wrote:

IOW, it should be possible for a CardBus (but not PC Card) device in a
CardBus-compatible PCMCIA socket to get equivalent performance to a PCI
card.  I have no clue, however, whether vendors are actually shipping
devices that actually make use of all this.

ttcp between a 3c575 cardbus fast ether in my laptop and intel 82559 in a
desktop (both linux) was 84Mb/s which is about what I'd expect.

-- David

--
Joel Jaeggli                                   joelja () darkwing uoregon edu
Academic User Services                       consult () gladstone uoregon edu

  By Date           By Thread