Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: DACS failure in Tulsa, OK
From: Mufti Ahmed <Mufti.Ahmed () reuters com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:59:11 -0400

Hi Sean what is a DACS ( Data Access Control System)?
I'm asking because in Reuters we use that as a permissioning
system for Market Data clients.

Mufti Nayeem Ahmed
Network Systems Engineer
Market Data Networks
Reuters America Inc.
(212)-603-3595
1-800-2REUTER
1-800-PAGE-MCI  pin# 1569803

To:   nanog () merit edu
cc:    (bcc: Mufti Ahmed/NYC/US/Reuters)
Subject:  DACS failure in Tulsa, OK

Southwestern Bell lost a DACS in its Tulsa-Elgin central office
yesterday.  When it lost utility power, approximately 627,000
customers lost service throughout northern Oklahoma.  This affected
Internet, cellular, 911, and other telephone services in the area.

the views of Reuters Ltd.

  By Date           By Thread