Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: WHOIS source?
From: "Roeland Meyer (E-mail)" <rmeyer () mhsc com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:57:25 -0700

Steve Sobol: Friday, June 23, 2000 1:33 PM

Can someone point me to the source for a whois server... I
don't know
why, but I haven't been able to find any sources....

I've been looking for one of those myself. Original was written
by SRI/NSI and was never released in source. It was always
considered proprietary. MHSC is writing one under the DNSO.NET
site, at http://www.dnso.net/projects.htm. Frankly, I'm not sure
that I'd even want to start with NSI's sources, considering the
trouble they're having (SRS/whois integration).

  By Date           By Thread