Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: FW: public key service
From: ktsolis () mindspring com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:07:44 -0400

A slight correction....

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Tsolis, Kristen wrote:

I'm going to try to keep this operational, but it's hard because you're
going to find that support for making a robust keyserver network hinges upon
people agreeing that such a service is needed, and many PGP users are going
to tell you that such a keyserver violates the PGP trust model.

Hm? These words have been misattributed to me.

I don't see any reason why the PGP trust model would be compromised by a keyserver network since the individual PGP
user is checking keys and deciding which keys to trust.

I welcome further conversation re:ISP-run keyservers on the keyserver-folks list, but I hope to see further
coordination re: a NANOG keysigning party on this list.

cheers,
Kristen

  By Date           By Thread