Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Channelized T1's & Remote Access Routers
From: John Fraizer <nanog () EnterZone Net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 02:01:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Roland Dobbins wrote:

I've done something similar in the past by using external Adtran DSUs
with pass-through capability.  I set the channel-map in the DSU to pull
the channels out which are used for voice, FAX, etc. and get/pass them
from/to the PBX using a DSX-1 interface before they ever hit the V.35
interface which plugs into the back of the router.

In this configuration, the router neither knows nor cares about the
channels which aren't used for data traffic.

Even using the DSX-1, wouldn't she need 2-wire ringdown cards to supply
POTS lines to the fax?  Seems like it would be less expensive than putting
in a PBX to handle fax traffic.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc