Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: New Peering Point Mailing Lists
From: Jeffrey Meltzer <meltzer () villageworld com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 05:56:55 -0400 (EDT)

<points taken>

In discussions with some people, we've/i've decided to bring everything
into one list, for public discussion about the peering points.  There
isn't a list setup now to have such discussions, except possibly
inet-access.

The new idea is to setup publicnap.net as more of a web resource with an
accompanying mailing list, rather than multiple mailing lists with a
website.  IE,  naps () publicnap net will be for discussions about the NAP's,
and on the website we plan on putting up FAQs for as many NAP's as we can
get information on, and put them in a centralized location.  The items
we're looking to put into FAQ's for NAP's are:

address
npa/nxx
contact info
pricing
connection types
who's there, and contact info for who's there
what telco's have buildings lit
who control's the risers

The ideal person that the FAQ would be targetted for would be:
Someone who can either go into AADS or Mae West.  Things that would make
his decision would be who's currently peering at each point, how much
would it cost to get there (what telco has his building lit, as well as
either AADS or Mae West), etc.

We will link to the NAP's website when they have relevant info, and keep
it locally on the FAQ where they do not.

If you have information on any NAP's, in the US or abroad, let me
know.  We've already had some volunteers.  The more help/knowledge the
better.

Jeff