Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

router damaged by cracker?
From: Kai Schlichting <kai () pac-rim net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:07:24 -0400

If we assume that the router mentioned in the following cracking incident
is a popular model we all use: what other than zapping the FlashROM could
this attacker have done? We all know that <big popular vendor>'s firmware
source code has hit the pirate BBS's a year or two back : could someone have
compiled a rogue image that can actually fry some router components (I can
think of plenty of nasty things with serial ports transmitting too fast
for their own good - and burn the driver chips) ?

http://www.denverpost.com/business/biz1012d.htm

  By Date           By Thread