Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Political Correctness Strikes a Blow for free speech....
From: "Majdi S. Abbas" <msa () samurai sfo dead-dog com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:18:49 -0700

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 02:42:08PM -0700, Scott Francis wrote:
so what "sensitive content" tripped the filter? was it legitimate (i.e. one of
the 7 words, discussion of bedroom practices, etc.) or was it a bonehead
filter a la CyberSitter et al?

        I see these all the time...

        Typically, someone files a spam complaint.  When our ticketing
system sends them back an acknowledgement, this filter bounces the
'spam' (subject is preserved, with a ticket number appended.)

        Thusly, we cannot easily contact someone about their complaint
because of their oh-so-good spam filters (that only seem to work AFTER
they received the spam.)

        Genius in action.

        --msa

  By Date           By Thread