Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: black hat .cn networks
From: "neil d. quiogue" <quioguen () hk psi net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:29:09 +0800

Well there may be a myriad of reasons on why the admins of those ISPs do not
respond:
1. abuse/postmaster goes to some mailbox no one reads like root which
contains a bunch of other messages.
2. Language issue has been mentioned and it's a valid one.  I don't think
many admins are aware of those translators.
3. They don't know how to handle such cases.
4. They don't care?

I don't think the encoding matters much since one is sending from a
non-Big5/SJIS encoding to Big5/SJIS encoding and those that support
Big5/SJIS support the other encodings.  The other way around might be a
problem though.

But the nonresponse is a valid concern.  I wonder if I'll be censored soon.
:-)

Regards,

Neil D. Quiogue
PSINet Hong Kong Ltd.

"Information and attachments herein are intended for the named recipients
only.  It may contain attorney-client privileged or confidential matter.
immediately, and destroy the original message.  Do not disclose the
contents to anyone.  Thank you."