Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Instant chats and central servers
From: Dave Israel <davei () biohazard demon digex net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:40:25 -0400

Sean,

  There's a bunch of machines for AIM, spread out across the
AOLosphere... there is no one server that will take down the service.
(That's for the Oscar stuff; the TOC stuff, which the open messengers
use, is also clustered in the back end, but there is that One Server
You Must Talk To(tm).)

  I imagine the other services are similar.

-Dave