Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10 gige experience
From: Vinay Bannai <bannai () pacbell net>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 15:53:05 -0700

Mike Leber wrote:

Anybody out there have any experience with 10 gigabit ethernet?

I'm looking for switches and routers that actually exist (heh, as opposed
to the kind found in marketing literature).  I've heard extreme is
shipping 10 gige stuff.  Any news when cisco or juniper will have
something?

+------------------- H U R R I C A N E - E L E C T R I C -------------------+
| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric       Web Hosting  Colocation         Fax 510 580 4151 |
| mleber () he net                                           http://www.he.net |

I don't think the 10GEA has standarized the draft. It is slated for mid 2002.
But some vendors might have non-standard implementations, but I am not aware of
it.

Most of the stuff available at the 10Gbps rate is OC-192 and has nothing to do
with 10Gbps Ethernet...

vinay

  By Date           By Thread