Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10 gige experience
From: Mike Leber <mleber () he net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:14:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Vinay Bannai wrote:
Anybody out there have any experience with 10 gigabit ethernet?

I don't think the 10GEA has standarized the draft. It is slated for mid 2002.
But some vendors might have non-standard implementations, but I am not aware of
it.

Here is an article that states that IntelliSpace and others are already
using 10 Gigabit Ethernet equipment provided by Extreme Networks.  It is
skimpy on the details.

http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO54671,00.html

I'm trolling to see if anybody in the nanog crowd was willing or able
(NDAs and all) to tell us about any 10 gige equipment they might be using.

| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric       Web Hosting  Colocation         Fax 510 580 4151 |
| mleber () he net                                           http://www.he.net |