Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: terminal server recommendation
From: Ben Beuchler <insyte () emt-p org>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 15:22:45 -0500

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 08:12:34PM -0000, Charles Smith wrote:

I would like to deploy a terminal server in several of my POPs, however cost
is a slight issue. Can anyone on the list recommend a fairly inexpensive
terminal server (besides Cisco)? Obviously the terminal server should be
reliable and work - it is the little things that count.

We built our own using a cheap 1U linux box and a Cyclades multi-port
serial card.  Cheap and supports ssh.

Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                           There is no spoon.
insyte () emt-p org                                            -- The Matrix

  By Date           By Thread