Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: EMAIL != FTP
From: Wayne Bouchard <web () typo org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:42:24 -0700

Actually, in a business environment (at least at my former company)
the mailings were large power point presentations and visio docs and
such.. All perfectly legitimate traffic. The funny thing about this is
that it was usually to folks in the same office who had access to (and
used) a central server. It would have been just as easy to send out a
pointer to the location of the doc and less destructive.

Is there anyone here who has NOT had to go in a rescue a mailbox that
was too large for the client to load? (And yes, this happened with
pine, outlook express, and a couple of others.. not just a random here
or there.) And dare I mention problems with POP servers and timeouts
over low speed links?