Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: EMAIL != FTP
From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:15:48 -0400

deeann mikula wrote:

uh, when is the last time that you worked the front line of an ISP?
most people have never even heard of FTP.  i almost spewed my orange
juice all over my desk when i read that paragraph. :)

I wish there was an easy way to come to some kind of compromise. I
consider myself lucky that when I explain why sending big files via
email is bad, people do in fact understand and are open to alternate
means of transferring the files, but I can see how, at a larger ISP,
there would be a lower percentage of people like that.

--
Tired of Earthlink? Get JustTheNet!
Nationwide Dialup, ISDN, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, T-1, T-3, and more.

  By Date           By Thread