mailing list archives
MPLS/TE in today's networks
From: "Shawn H" <sah5 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 17:32:00 -0000
I'm a student currently researching MPLS/TE technologies. With all the
proposed methods and functionalities, I was wondering if anyone has some
useful information/pointers to answers to the following questions:
* How widely is traffic engineering over MPLS deployed in today's networks?
* What applications of MPLS are in use today (TE, protection, BGP nexthop
resolution, VPNs, etc)?
* How widely used are TE offline planning tools?
* How do different vendors affect different deployments? That is, are the
common functionalities mostly in use, or are there different proprietary
methods used in different networks/SPs?
Thanks a lot for any useful information,
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
- MPLS/TE in today's networks Shawn H (May 26)