Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: PacBell Frame Relay Outage?
From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 26 May 2001 15:20:07 -0700

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Roy wrote:
The event made at least the radio and probably the print media.  The
big uproar was because "many ATMs stopped working".   I guess that
puts the Internet in its proper place in the scheme of things.

I did notice the number of "subscribers" affected was below the
important 30,000 reportable FCC outage level.  The last report I saw
was fewer than 22,000 customers affected, and I haven't seen any FCC
outage report show up on the FCC web site about the PacBell problems.

Wells Fargo said on average 5% of its ATM machines are out of service,
and they didn't see anything out of the ordinary yesterday.  9-1-1
automatic location identification (ALI) service was also affected,
although the calls themselves connected without problems.

  By Date           By Thread