Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner
From: rs () seastrom com (Robert E. Seastrom)
Date: 14 Sep 2001 16:23:30 -0400

"David McGaugh" <david_mcgaugh () eli net> writes:

We've brought this concern up to Cisco before and they assured us that
everything is performing normally. You will see this when performing
router to router pings as well however, we have been told that packet
forwarding does not suffer. ICMP replies from the router (not through
the router) are given a very low CPU priority.

Seconded.  Ping response times or lack of ping response from routers
signifies *nothing*.  Ditto for traceroutes, &c.  Ping *through* the
router, not *to* the router.

                                        ---Rob

  By Date           By Thread