Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: telehouse - 25 broadway
From: kevin pop account <kevin () gannons net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:05:39 +0000 (GMT)

I certainly know over on this side of the water
large electricity customers with generators
have a very valid reason to run long tests.
Basically the national grid gives you a *huge*
discount if you run on generators at peak
times which is usual 6pm to 5am. I certainly
now all our larger CO's run the gens like this.
The first time I saw this I thought the CO
was on fire due to the diesel fumes the voice
guys had a good laugh at me !.

Before someone asks we have a very steady national
supply over here so running the gens is purely
a commerical aim.I would have thought that even
stateside this would make sense no ?

Regards,
Kevin