Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Emergency Alert System TEST - This is only a TEST
From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 16 Sep 2001 22:10:14 -0700

Marshall Eubanks writes:
  Do you know if they are interested in webcasters and
other Internet news / entertainment services ?

I made some inquiries in 1998, and found the people I contacted
were emphatically *NOT* interested in using the Internet.  It is
hard to emphasis how much they were not interested.

I started developing a protocol for using the Internet to deliver
emergency alerts to people who were using their computer, but
weren't watching the television or listening to the radio.

http://dranet.dra.com/nerf.html

Instead, every conversation seemed to turn into an inquisition
about how I knew what I knew about the existing system.  That
was about the time I stopped working on it.  The government
people got too weird for me.

  By Date           By Thread