Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Worm impact - September 18 2001
From: Sean Donelan <sdonelan () equinix com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:03:17 -0700

I first noticed the worm this morning at the same time the
national moment of silence was being broadcast.  My web e-mail
provider was knocked off the air at that time.

I'm using an alternate account.

Approximately 1,000 networks of 104,200 vanished from the routing
table as seen by Telstra in the past two hours

Keynote Internetpulse.com was showning "red" congestion between
C&W and Qwest, which has since cleared.

InternetTrafficReport.com stopped reporting data.  All zeros
across the board.

Matrix.net Internet Weather Report shows a 3 percent drop in
reachability of tested servers.

  By Date           By Thread