Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Afghanistan
From: Bill McGonigle <mcgonigle () medicalmedia com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:15:56 -0400

On Tuesday, September 18, 2001, at 12:43 PM, Basil Kruglov wrote:

Do they even have Internet?

Yes, they very recently cracked down on usage, restricting access to one machine in the head of government's office (I forget what the title was). Any requests for information from the Internet from other branches of their government are to go through this one guy, who is unlikely to approve the request (according to the news report I read). Source long since forgotten...

One would expect high compliance in a regime that parades hands and feet of offenders down the street...

-Bill

  By Date           By Thread