Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Afghanistan [OT]
From: Ng Pheng Siong <ngps () post1 com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:51:43 +0800

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:48:53PM -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
I'd say the better way of communicating would be the classical
native-language radio translation in Radio Liberty/Radio Free Europe
fashion, otherwise known as propaganda.  Worked well for the USSR.

You mean _against_ the USSR?

Radios are cheap and realtively available (and hard to control, too).
May be worthwhile to actually air-drop loads of small and easy to hide
solar-powered units.  I'd expect a lot of people to listen to those in
hiding even when threatened with execution for mere posession.

Given the air superiority of NATO, controlling use of those radios by the
local propaganda units can be very easy - just drop radio-guided missiles
on Taliban transmitters.

How do I configure my router to filter out warmongers?

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps () post1 com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps

  By Date           By Thread