Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Points of Failure (was Re: National infrastructure asset)
From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:02:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Bob Bownes wrote:
But there was a point in time when taking out a certain parking garage
in Va could have caused us a very great deal of difficulty. But I'd say
we are past that, for the most part.

Are we?

When 25 Broadway failed, approximately 1% of the global Internet
routing  table also disappeared.  Which I would guess qualifies it
as a "major" hub.

Verizon still has 100,000 lines out of service, and only now
begun to restore service to "small" businesses.

A couple of years ago a fiber cut in Ohio disrupted about 20% of
the Internet routing table.

  By Date           By Thread