Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verio Peering Question
From: Chris Parker <cparker () starnetusa net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:06:14 -0500

At 09:57 AM 9/28/2001 -0700, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

        If the regional registry's policy is the problem, fix that policy,
and I think that you'd find Verio's filters would also change.  Randy has
stated on more than one occaision (back when he worked for Verio) that he
would listen to loose /24's within the proper ranges if the registrys
would develop a workable microallocation policy.

And just recently seen on the ARIN-ANNOUNCE list:

  Proposal:  Establish a micro-assignment policy that would allow
             entities, using multihoming as justification, to obtain
             an assignment from ARIN longer than the current minimum
             assignment size of a /20.

This policy proposal discussion will take place on the public policy
mailing list (ppml () arin net).  Subscription information is available
at http://www.arin.net/members/mailing.htm

Perhaps this discussion should move to that arena, as it seems that
even Verio will bend their filters to fit the RIR policies.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   cparker () starnetusa net
   | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                  \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

  By Date           By Thread