Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question
From: Alex Bligh <alex () alex org uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:09:33 +0100

--On Friday, 28 September, 2001 10:12 PM -0400 Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com> wrote:

Of course, we could adopt geographic allocations.  North American is
still working on (+1) in e.164 space.  We could shrink the global
route table to a few thousand routes.

We have this at a continental level. At less than a continental
level the argument against this is that at lower distances there
is a poorer and poorer map between geographic proximity and
(network) topological proximity. Pick any major US city without
a popular peering point / private peering for a trivial example.

Alex Bligh
Personal Capacity

  By Date           By Thread