Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () gitoyen net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:18:53 +0200

On Friday 28 September 2001, at 15 h 33,
Michael Whisenant <mwhisen () foreigner whisenant net> wrote:

Got a question, so a 7513MX2/8 fairly new model within Cisco still ONLY
supports 256MB of Ram. So lets track the trends and try to predict when Cisco
will force everyone into a new BGP master router?
Continue  with uncontrolled growth to the Internet routing table and you will
soon be replacing it with something bigger

This is a problem only for people using Ciscos. (Maximum 256 Mb of RAM on a
modern machine, not a washing machine, but an INTERNET ROUTER, I must be
dreaming...)

Like with Microsoft's broken software I seriously object harassing everybody
just because Cisco is not able to do better.

  By Date           By Thread