Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: end2end? (was: RE: Where NAT disenfranchises the end-user ...
From: miquels () cistron-office nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:31:03 +0000 (UTC)

In article <F5F3FBBFC94DD4118E4500D0B74A095F013E70E1 () EMAIL2>,
Hire, Ejay <Ejay.Hire () Broadslate net> wrote:
Using RFC 1918 space inside a network on transit segments that will be
passing data but not generating it makes sense.

Only if the MTUs on all interfaces of the routers are the same.
Otherwise you might generate a ICMP size exceeded message that
will never reach the sender, breaking Path MTU Discovery.

Mike.
--
"I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check."
        -- M.C. Escher (1898-1972)

  By Date           By Thread