Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: World Trade Center attack
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () civicnet org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:19:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Martin Hepworth wrote:

Seen supposed claims on ananova.com (a sites that actually up and part
of AP), but everyone and his brother will be putting their hand up for
this one.

I expect not. Whoever did this has made a LOT of very dangerous enemies.

Personally, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Somebody just expended
a lot of resources to paralyze a lot of the world's decision making
infrastructure - I'm more than a little worried that somebody is about to
make a major military move while everyone's attention is on NY and DC.

Has anybody been hearing news from out of the US about increased military
alerts and such?

Miles

The Center for Civic Networking             PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &              Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program                          617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
mfidelman () civicnet org                           http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"