Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

We shy away from injuring non-combatant civilians.  Under
their rules, civilians are not non-combatants because civilians
are supporting the Western civilization the terrorists are at war with.
Remember that *WE* didn't have qualms about civilians killed in
bombing runs on German factories - the terrorists are merely taking
a slightly wider definition of combatant...

Regarding them as sick/twisted is very dangerous.  They're
rational, intelligent, and reasoning from different ground rules.

And remember - the US dropped 2 nukes.  I'm sure the residents
of a few Japanese cities thought that Truman was sick and twisted
for allowing it to happen.

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech