Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Upsurge in attacks?
From: "Joel Baker" <lucifer () lightbearer com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:32:33 -0600

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:54:50PM -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:

Has anyone else noticed an upsurge in unsophisticated [packet flood, etc]
attacks since college kids have to their own devices in dorms again this
year?

I can't speak to the sophistication, but our DoS count has had a strong
upswing. Much to my dismay while on call.

Next law for Colorado to pass: "Make My Network". If they're on your net,
and presenting a threat, you can shoot them in self-defense?