Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Digex and Akamai are raping the ARIN whois database
From: Patrick Greenwell <patrick () cybernothing org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:25:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Steven J. Sobol wrote:

We should probably take this off-list but I want to make one important
point.

By definition, you can't buy an opt-in list. If you buy it, and use it,
you're spamming.

Bull. If I as an individual give permission for an organization I have
some sort of relationship with to have mail sent to me by third parties,
that's my perogative. What you are in fact saying is that I'm not allowed
to give that permission.

The problem is that the sleaze factor that permeates the space.

  By Date           By Thread