NYTimes.com has compiled the following list of emergency resources and
contact information for the New York City area. Closings and some
contact numbers may be subject to change. For news and information
throughout the day, visit: http://www.nytimes.com
- New York Blood Center
310 East 67th Street (between First and Second Aves.)
150 Amsterdam Avenue (66-67th Streets)
- St. Clare's Hospital & Health Center
426 W. 52nd St.
- St. Vincent's Hospital & Medical Center
7th Ave. at 11th St.
- New York Blood Center
120 Lawrence St. near MetroTech
- St. Mary's Hospital
170 Buffalo Ave.
- Flushing: St. Joseph's Hospital
15840 79th Ave.
- Jamaica: St. Vincent's Medical Center of Richmond
355 Bard Ave.
- Mary Immaculate Hospital
15211 89th Ave.
525 Executive Boulevard
- New Brunswick
167 New Street
For more details on available donor locations, call 1-800-448-3543
(GIVE-LIFE), 1-800-933-2566 or visit:
Main New York City Numbers:
- NYC Emergency Information: 212-560-2730
- NYPD Emergency Information: 212-741-4626 or 866-856-4167
- American Airlines: 1-800-245-0999
American Airlines Statement
- United Airlines: 1-800-932-8555
United Airlines Statement
United also has established its international toll-free numbers for
friends or family members who want more information. Those numbers are:
The Netherlands: 020504051
- Red Cross WTC Victim Information: 212-604-7285
- WTC: AON Employees: 203-863-6380
- WTC: Morgan Stanley Employees: 888-883-4391
- WTC: Carr Future: 800-755-7620
- WTC: Cantor Fitzgerald: 866-326-3188
- WTC: Pitney Bowes: 800-932-3631
- Pentagon Employees: 1-877-663-6772
- Fire Department and EMT Employees: 718-999-2541
- Police Department Employees: 718-677-8238
New York City Hospitals:
- St. Vincent's Hospital: 212-604-7285
- Bellevue Hospital Center: 212-562-4141
- Coler Memorial Hospital: 212-848-6300
- Goldwater Memorial Hospital: 212-318-8000
- Gouverneur Hospital D&TC: 212-238-7000
Other City Services:
- City Mortuary: 212-562-3051
- Chief Medical Examiner: 212-447-2030
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center: 718-579-5000
- Metropolitan Hospital Center: 212-423-6262
- St. Vincent's Health Crisis Center: 212-604-8220
- Department of Mental Health Services: 212-442-5000
Most service has resumed with the exception of the 3, C, and the Q
Buses are operating in Manhattan above 14th Street.
For complete details on bus and subway service, visit the MTA Web site:
Roads, Bridges and Tunnels:
- The Lincoln and Holland Tunnels and George Washington Bridge are
closed in both directions.
- FDR Drive and the West Side Highway are closed from 92nd St. to the
- The Triborough, Throgs Neck, Whitestone and 59th Street bridges are
- Grand Central Station and Penn Station have both reopened and Long
Island Railroad, Metro-North and New Jersey Transit are all running
with limited service. PATH Trains are also in service.
For additional updates and information, visit the following Web sites:
Long Island Railroad (LIRR)
New Jersey Transit
- The Staten Island Ferry is running in the Staten Island-bound
- New York Waterway Ferries are running outbound only between 38th St.,
Weehawken and Hoboken with no charge.
- All U.S. airports are closed until further notice.
Airline Information Lines:
Relatives of American Airlines passengers seeking information about
relatives may call 1-800-245-0999.
United Airlines said friends or family members seeking information on
flights may call 1-800-932-8555. United also plans to post any
information it has on its Web site:
CLOSINGS AND SERVICE CHANGES
The following are closed or suspended today:
- All U.S. Financial Markets
- All U.S. Airports
- Businesses in Manhattan below 14th St.
- New York City Public Schools
- New York City Parochial Schools
- Empire State Building
- New York City State and Federal Courts, including Jury Duty. For
information call 1-800-692-6878 (NY-COURTS)
- Metropolitan Museum
- New York Public Library
- Fordham University
- St. John's University
- Mailbox Pickup (Post offices are open)
- Street cleaning
- Alternate side of the street parking rules
The following are open today:
- Newark Public Schools
- Post Offices
- CUNY schools
The United Way of New York and the New York Community Trust have
established a fund to help the victims of the attacks and their
families. The September Eleventh Fund will provide immediate support to
established emergency assistance agencies. Anyone wishing to contribute
may send their donations in care of United Way, 2 Park Ave, New York,
New York, 10016, or call: (212) 251-4035.
Donations are also being accepted on United Way of New York City's Web site: